Non Molestation Order – How to apply

If you are a victim of domestic abuse and the person you want to be protected from (‘the respondent’) is:

  • someone you are having or have had a relationship with
  • a family member
  • someone you are living or have lived with

If you are under 16 you need permission from the High Court to apply for a non-molestation order.

What is your relationship with the respondent?
You can apply if you are a victim of domestic abuse (mental and physical abuse which also includes a form of abuse known as coercive control) and the respondent is your:

  • husband, wife or civil partner
  • former husband, former wife or former civil partner
  • fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner
  • former fiancé, former fiancée or former proposed civil partner – if your engagement or agreement to form a civil partnership ended less than 3 years ago
  • boyfriend, girlfriend, partner or a person you’re in or have been in a relationship with for more than 6 months
  • a close family member, for example a parent, brother, sister, aunt or uncle.

If you would like assistance with making an application or want to discuss it further or want to discuss any family matter then please contact our office and ask for Lee or Marianne, who will be happy to discuss your options further.

Meet Marianne Tyndall

Other insights from CP Law

good divorce week
Family Law
Good Divorce Week 2022

CP Law Solicitors are strong advocates of Good Divorce Week 2022, an annual awareness campaign run by Resolution. We are proud that two of our

Read More »