To be completed by the Parties

To the Petitioner

You must complete this form if you or the Respondent have any children under 16 or any children under 18 who are at school or college or are training for a trade, profession or vocation. The Petitioner is only required to complete Parts 1, 2, 3 and the Statement of Truth. Please use BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS .

Before you issue a divorce/dissolution/(judicial) separation or nullity petition try to reach an agreement with your spouse or civil partner over the proposals for the children’s future. There is space for them to sign at the end of this form if agreement is reached.
If your spouse/civil partner does not agree with the proposals, they will have the opportunity at a later stage to state why they do not agree and will be able to make their own proposals.
You should take or send the completed form together with a copy to the court when you issue your divorce/dissolution/(judicial) separation or nullity petition.

To the Respondent

The Petitioner has completed Part 1, 2 and 3 of this form.
Please read all parts of the form carefully. If you agree with the arrangements and proposals for the children you should sign Part 4 of the form. If completing this form by hand, please use BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS and
tick the boxes that apply. You should return the form to the Petitioner or their solicitor.
If you do not agree with all or some of the proposals, do not sign this form. You will be given the opportunity of explaining your position when you receive the divorce/dissolution/(judicial) separation or nullity petition.

To the Petitioner and Respondent

If you wish to apply for any of the orders which may be available to you under Part I or II of the Children Act 1989 please see leaflet CB1 ‘Making an application - children and the family courts’. If you are unsure of which application you require, you are advised to see a solicitor or go to a
Citizens Advice Bureau.
Addresses of solicitors and advice agencies can be obtained from the Yellow Pages and the Solicitors’ Regional Directory which can be found at Citizens Advice Bureaux, Law Centres and any local library.
The Court will only make an order if it considers that an order will be better for the child(ren) than no order..

Part 1 Details of the children

Part 2 Arrangements for the children of the family

Living arrangements
2. Where and with whom do the children live?



8. Give the name(s) of the school, college or place of training attended by the child(ren).

Details of health

Details of care and other court proceedings

No agreement has been reached and no application has been made for a maintenance calculation.

Part 3 To the Petitioner


17. If you are not agreed as to the arrangements for the children, are you intending to:

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in this statement of arrangements for children are true


Proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against a person who makes or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth.

Part 4 Agreement of Respondent